We're looking for someone with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Psychology or other related field and 5 years of User Research experience and with Spanish language fluency to work on designs for customers in Mexico.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $57.00 - 62.70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Your Approach to Work:
- Research with agility: You have a strong working knowledge of formative & summative usability research methods, and how they are applied in a fast-moving organization. Experience with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and competitive testing is also preferred.
- Actionable Findings: You translate insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
- Creative: When you?re presented with a design or business problem, you think of multiple research approaches to help figure out how to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer and you?re excited to share the options as well as your recommendation.
- Collaborative: You use your knowledge of the Design process in collaboration with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers, and engineers to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products.
- You recommend how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don?t have to.
- Self-motivated: You work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior Design leaders and managers.
Will require Spanish language fluency and ability to travel to Mexico City once a month or once in 2 months.
skills: Skills & Abilities We Look For:
- You are skilled at moderating live studies and know how to structure un-moderated studies.
- You seek to enhance your work by incorporating research actively seek out research & metrics from other sources to provide comprehensive recommendations that inform the design and business strategy.
- You work with our research partners (site analytics, market research) to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts
- You work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality and know how to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
- You stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- You contribute to team processes and standards and help establish best practices for research.
- You have strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.