Customer Support Engineer
You will demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career contributing to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
* You analyze, use and configure network management applications for medium to critical complex networks for external customers.
* You'll consult with customers via phone/email to debug network systems problems of growing levels of complexity; provides support on a world-wide basis
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
* You will handle workload and other assignments efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations reliable and professionally.
* Utilize and configure network routers and switches in an internal lab for simulations of real customer problems.
* Complete projects which improve the support processes as assigned.
* Typically requires Bachelor's Degree with a technical focus or equivalent industry experience
* 2+ years' experience LINUX - Preferably Red Hat or CentOS
* 2+ years' experience working with Java based applications
* 2+ years' experience working with Perl and shell scripting
* 2+ years exposure to Oracle DB and SQL
* 2+ years exposure to network management, products and protocols
skills: * Strong Customer Service Skills
* Strong Time Management Skills
* Ability to resolve problems and deliver known solutions
* 2+ years exposure to SNMP
* CCNA certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.