job summary: Job Description
- We develop self-service tools that help provide our Engineering teams with golden set replica of production item data in staging environment, superb item management mechanisms for data integrity/durability, and item automation.
- Our work is high-impact: it enables the entire Engineering team(s) to iterate faster and react to changes that accelerate business growth. -
- The Senior Technical Lead Engineer position will be responsible for hands-on development as well as lead the development of Next Generation Self-Service Tools for Global eCommerce and Store Systems.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $78.00 - 85.80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Areas of responsibility include:
- Responsible for making high level design choices based on requirements.
- Responsible for creating high level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility and integration with existing systems/platforms -
- Should be able to collaboratively work with different teams and stakeholders to provide vision and roadmap for the program -
- Responsible for resolving dependencies between and outside of teams to facilitate rapid development
- Innovate and drives technical vision and influences product roadmap and vision
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional tooling projects
- Lead & Supervise the technical work of tooling engineers
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- 10+ years of hands on experience in eCommerce Software development
- 8+ years of excellent programming experience in architecting highly scalable & performing Web Applications
- 8+ years of excellent programming experience using Java, JMS/Messaging, Spring, RDMS, REST & Web Services
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL systems with proficiency in Cassandra
- 5+ years of developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems
- 4+ years of experience with Open Source technologies
- 4+ years of developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems
- 3+ years of experience in agile ways of working in a distributed geographical model
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL systems with proficiency in Cassandra is a must
- MS or PhD in computer science or engineering preferred
- Experience in Retail or eCommerce domain is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.