The Database Developer Associate Participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of enterprise level database systems for business applications in a multi-level server environment. The developer will work collaboratively with end users and application teams from within the finance database unit. They will work in coordination and support of all managers and users requiring any data and decision support. The candidate must be able to troubleshoot the existing code and also to develop new codes, stored procedures, views, functions, and triggers. Must be able to document the data flow and map the existing databases. In addition, the developer also will create, enhance, or leverage reporting solutions to solve organizational problems through ETL, reports, analysis, or data visualization.
location: Santa Ana, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide business users with the data required for metrics and analysis.
- Assists in the maintenance support of legacy programs and systems as determined by the IT manager and/or team leads.
- A large portion of their time will be spent surrounding BI Reporting.
- Perform independent audits and reviews and validate data integrity.
- Interact with non-technical business users in order to gather requirements for BI solutions.
- 5-8 years of experience in SQL Server development (MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014) with a good knowledge of T-SQL.
- College grad in computer science and related degree.
- Fluent with Microsoft .NET framework, including C# and ASP.NET
- SSRS experience, designing and developing reports.
- Familiar with ETL concept and SQL Server Data Tools.
- Good understanding of multi-dimensional data model, OLAP, and OLTP.
- The ideal candidate should possess some experience working with Excel Macros and VBA programming.
- Excellent documentation skills, preferably familiar with UML.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Effectively communicate and interact with both functional and technical personnel in solving complex business and technical problems
- Ability to complete tasks within critical timelines and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Able to proactively work alone and within a team environment.
- Work outside normal business hours, as required for completing projects, working on deployments and resolving system outages.
- Knowledge of Power BI is a plus.
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2013 is a plus.
- Finance experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.