job summary: Position Description
- This is a temporary contract role for an initial duration of 6 months with the possibility of extending longer. Under general direction, performs moderately complex research and experimentation following and suggesting improvements to best practices.
- Assists with projects and may perform independent research or various clerical and editorial duties; compiles, processes and analyzes data.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.17 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Key areas of responsibility (training provided)
- Sets up and operates user research lab equipment
- Assist with user testing preparation activities
- Assist with data collection activities from a variety of research methods
- Observe usability testing sessions, taking notes, reporting out and providing detailed transcripts for the team on a weekly cadence
- Moderate studies
- Executes planned experiments in a repeatable manner
- Conducts experiments in the lab
- Conducts experiments in the field
- Provide suggestions to improve current best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Travel is expected (within the country and possibly internationally)
B.S or graduate degree in HCI, psychology, anthropology, human factors or other relevant field
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- B.S or graduate degree in HCI, psychology, anthropology, human factors or other relevant field
- Open to new grads with internship experience or master's projects
- Passion for communications and messaging apps
- Understands basic (user experience) research methods
- Skilled at conducting in-person interviews
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with and skilled at analyzing large qualitative datasets (e.g., interview videos, transcripts, open-ended survey responses)
- Understands basic statistical concepts
- Preference for a degree (in-progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Social Science, Anthropology, or other field focusing on human behavior and/or human computer interaction
- Experience with video editing
- Experience running and analyzing surveys (along with other quantitative methods) is a plus
- Excellent people skills
- Flexible working style
- Strong desire to learn
- Detail oriented
- Excited to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Can work independently and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.