job summary: Position Description
- Play Movies & TV team looking for a product designer, systems-thinker who has strong enterprise web application design experience to create a partner portal for the Play Movies & TV publishing platform.
- The partner portal is what movie studios use to publish their content to the Play Store.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $73.33 - 80.98 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: The partner portal users are:
- Movie studios
- Post production houses
- Google (various Play Movies team members) Ideal candidate has enterprise UX experience in banking, ecommerce, security monitoring, publishing, content management systems.
- a designer who knows how to best organize and present large amounts of data in different stages of a workflow to help users get their jobs done with minimal risk.
BA/BS in Design, HCI, CS, related field or equivalent practical experience (+5 years)
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience designing enterprise web applications
- Strong IA, information design, workflow for multiple users - How to juggle complex information and structure this in terms of forms-based UX
- Understand complex resources required to publish something, so think about staging, approvals, exit criteria, monitoring
- Designing mission critical dashboards that have actionable callouts so that users know when they need to take action
- IA and site map for partner portal - User journey workflows for multiple user groups whose tasks will be to: Publish, approve, monitor, manage content
- Wireframes, pixel perfect final designs, specs & redlines to be implemented on web
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work with content operations and content engineering teams (owners of the publishing platform)
- Interview external partners and internal stakeholders to understand their workflows & needs
- Twice weekly check in with content ops manager - Weekly review with UX advisor, content ops manager, engineer, and program manager
- Confidently lead interaction and work flow discussions
- BA/BS in Design, HCI, CS, related field or equivalent practical experience (+5 years)
- Strong portfolio of work related to enterprise web products
- Outstanding skills in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.