This is a mentorship role created to provide our Client talented individuals who have the potential to be outstanding leaders. In this role you will participate in a 18 month program which will prepare you for a developer position within the company.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
In this role you will support program development and debugging, program modifications and maintenance, program testing and program documentation and roll out. Additionally, you will participate in all life-cycle activities in support of various IT projects. You will work the technical staff, and users on development of new systems as well as modifications to existing systems. You will meet milestones for assigned tasks based on project plan while participating in code review, unit testing, integration testing and documenting system design to existing systems.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (Information Technology/Business Management, preferred) with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills and a passion for technology.
- Career interest in Technology and Project Management.
- Good working knowledge of programming languages (.NET, JAVA, HTML, Etc.), utilities, dumps and debugging techniques a plus.
- Experience in programming discipline, utilities, operating system, and/or working experience in another business system is desirable; but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of database languages (DB2, ORACLE, and SQL) would be considered a plus.
- 1+ years of retail related experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks as well as report to multiple management levels.
- Proven leadership, assertiveness and interpersonal skills proficiency is essential.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to write and deliver both formal and informal presentations.
- Ideal candidates have demonstrated leadership ability, are highly motivated and driven individuals who are eager to learn.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.