Looking for a Software QA Manager who will monitor all aspects of application Quality Assurance (QA) for a highly complex initiative. There will be 9 to 12 projects running simultaneously that require QA Lead oversight, strategy, and guidance.
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 73 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Establishes metrics, helps to apply industry best practices, develops new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met; specifically around QA Automation.
- Ensures the quality of the QA team, making sure defect reports and test documentation are appropriate and can be reported to senior leadership.
- Facilitates the establishment and evolution of formal QA processes, ensuring that teams are using industry-accepted best practices and tools.
- Identifies weaknesses in workflow. Develops and implements process improvements to ensure that QA and corporate goals are satisfied.
- Works with IS Leadership and Project Management to accurately apply QA team resources to support the business plan and project portfolio.
- Provides timelines and scopes for testing and QA initiatives, playing an active role in shaping the overall development process from requirements to release management.
- Closely manages defects and priorities across multiple projects, ensuring defects are being tracked properly, contain the necessary information, and are being followed up appropriately.
-BS Degree or equivalent work experience in a software engineering discipline
- Typically has 8+ years related experience in an applicable software development environment.
- Project release experience covering all QA release cycle phases.
- Project and product management skills.
- Leadership experience in a technical lead or project management role in highly matrix environment.
skills: - Leadership, communication, and analytical skills
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the quality functions i.e. Automation, Performance, Manual testing.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional to work on all phases of development cycle within broadly assigned QA discipline
- Able to effectively utilize different project management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to apply QA strategies, addressing all aspect of testing within assigned discipline.
- Ability to manage team member tasks. Ability to lead local and remote teams/vendors to deliver quality applications.
- Promotes an environment in which diversity of ideas, opinions, and backgrounds is respected and valued
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.