job summary: Overview:
- Be a part of a team designing new exciting features and functionality for a range of Google products such as Google Home, Google Product and other surfaces.
- At Google, User Experience Researchers (UXRs) help everyone focus on the user.
- Conduct high-quality research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior via user interviews, benchmark studies, lab studies and large-scale surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 55.21 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Additional Responsibilities:
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
BA/BS degree in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory Required Qualifications:
Desired Nice to haves:
- BA/BS degree in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4; years of industry experience as a Researcher
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Experience with a range of qualitative research methods and analysis techniques
- Experience with large scale surveys design and analysis
- Experience with user testing tools for remote studies, card sorting, conjoint analysis
- Experience creating/monitoring performance metrics and user satisfaction surveys
- Experience working with statistics and experimental design.
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable insights for the product team
- Ability to carefully craft and communicate research findings through the appropriate means
- Ability to do occasional travel for research (~ 2-3 times/year) as needed
- Masters or PHD with internship experience OR 3-5 years of industry experience in doing user experience research otherwise
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- The ability to work independently on aspects of the project with minimal guidance
- The ability to operate in a very fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.