- Work with the Android TV team to: Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior via quantitative methods, benchmark studies, lab studies and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $56.67 - 62.58 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills. he ability operate in a very fast-paced environment.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
Master's in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory Required Qualifications:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Master's in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
- Experience and comfort with method selection and experiment design.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative user research & analysis.
- Assisting with user testing preparation activities.
- Conducting user studies, collecting data, and taking notes.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data to generate insights.
- Managing, manipulating and analyzing large quantitative datasets.
- Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies.
- Experience in the media industry, with TV and/or with streaming video services
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.