The Role We are looking for a talented, energetic, proactive, and highly experienced qualitative research specialist to join our team.
- As a UX researcher, you will be part of the team working to create a new and exciting product for small and medium business (SMB).
- Our team is dedicated to helping connect small and medium businesses (SMBs) with their customers, by creating products that delight the end user by creating a streamlined, easy to use digital advertising solution for SMBs.
- We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
- The team is a critical driving force behind gathering user insights and using them to inspire and inform product roadmap and design.
- We are a multi-disciplinary team of marketing professionals, user researchers, and product managers collaborating to develop an innovative, user-friendly, and best-of-breed products.
- You'll have the opportunity to partner with us in a fast-paced product development cycle iterating and optimizing the experience for our users in their Google journey.
- You'll coordinate and conduct foundational and generative research and support senior teammates in data analysis and reporting.
- We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, who is diligent, detail-oriented, and can work independently.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $56.67 - 62.58 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Work closely with lead researcher and marketing team to develop and execute on effective research to understand the needs of SMBs, and evaluate new concepts and interactive prototypes with users.
- Conduct research, field research, in-person and over the phone interviews, usability testing. Work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Travel to meet users in person locally, and to other cities is a possibility. Create written and visual reports (e.g. slide decks, graphs, highlight videos, etc.)
- Effectively communicate research findings to diverse audiences, including research lead and product team, through emails and slide deck presentations
M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Market Research, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior.
- 5+ years related industry work experience in UX research or market research
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Market Research, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior.
- Excellent interviewing, observation, and note-taking skills. Strong knowledge of UX and qualitative research methods: usability testing, diary studies, contextual inquiries.
- Experience with writing surveys and survey data analysis Work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible to adapt to changing schedules and different projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral & written communication, and organizational skills Willing to occasionally work unconventional hours (early morning or evening video meetings with team.
- Must be willing to travel to visit small businesses on your own.
- Fluency with graphic and video editing tools, creating visually intuitive graphs and slide decks.
- Strong experience with product development and UI design processes
- Experience working with SMBs or enterprise users.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.