Looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Data and Analytics organization. In this role, you will help to grow an integrated architectural strategy to support next-generation reporting and analytics capabilities on an enterprise-wide scale.
The ideal candidate will work in a team environment that demands technical excellence, whose members are expected to hold each other accountable for the overall success of the end product. Focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems, but also with a mind to drive simplicity in refining and supporting of the solution by others. This is not a group that deals with technology from a distance - everyone is expected to roll up their sleeves and get work on implementation.
Candidates will be provided the opportunity to work on a range of technologies and data manipulation concepts. Specifically, this may include developing healthcare data structures and data transformation logic to allow for analytics and reporting for customer journeys, personalization opportunities, pre-active actions, text mining, action prediction, fraud detection, text/sentiment classification, collaborative filtering/recommendation, and/or signal detection. This position will involve taking these skills and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive health data and prediction problems that exist.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Directly lead a full stack agile delivery team
- Own the design, develop, implementation and maintenance of API/micro-service solutions that support complex business functions
- Use best practices to develop clustered, reliable, scalable, and high-performance APIs
- Migrate existing services and processes to AWS cloud architecture following best practices
- Work closely with peers, stakeholders and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Create and execute a DR plan
- Establish and maintain acceptable SLA
- 5 years of experience directly leading a full stack agile team
- 3+ years of experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, Cloud formation, EMR Cluster, AWS S3, Splunk, AWS Analytics, VPC, IAM, Lambda and API Gateway at an Enterprise level
- Big data related AWS technologies like HIVE, Spark, ETL, AWS Glue, Hadoop, RedShift.
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services and architecture
- Experience with API management platforms: Layer 7, AWS API Gateway
- Experience with security protocols: oAuth, WebSeal, etc.
- Experience with production-level containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience leading development of microservices in Python, utilizing docker containers with OpenShift management
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins/Maven/Ansible
- Microservices using Lambda API Gateway
- Full stack Lifecycle using IAC (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Expert understanding in AWS IAM practices as well as AWS Shared-Security Model
- Complete understanding of High Availability architecture and design with a focus on reliability and scale
- 3 years of experience directly working at an enterprise level with AWS resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.