job summary: Essential Functions
- Achieves marketing objectives for one or more key categories by collaborating with suppliers and agencies; working with key stakeholders and internal marketing customers; motivating and influencing cross-functional teams; and implementing the internal communications strategy.
- Develops annual plan(s) for one or more key categories by collaborating with Merchandising, Operations, and Marketing leadership; working with cross-functional departmental experts (for example, Channel, Site Merchandising, Consumer Insights); integrating site experience, new product and/or concept testing and rollout, media strategy and planning, and stores into the annual plan; developing innovative marketing programs; and following up to ensure the annual plan is executed and that changes and challenges are addressed.
- Manages project and initiative performance by planning campaign budgets and sales forecasts; estimating project costs; executing campaigns; measuring results or outcomes (for example, sales, traffic, conversion); and determining future campaign plans based on the findings.
- Drives sales growth and changes in customer attitudes and behaviors for one or more key categories by staying up-to-date on new industry trends; working with cross-functional teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns; ensuring agencies and internal teams are producing work that reflects and communicates Walmart's strategies and objectives; working with internal teams to develop strategic plans and goals for overall marketing calendar and specific campaigns; and analyzing program results and return-on-investment (ROI).
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member
- Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings.
- Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations.
- Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment
- Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments.
- Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions.
- Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results
- Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements.
- Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement
- Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction.
- Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives.
- Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment
- Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits.
- Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization.
- Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives).
- Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance
- Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so.
- Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations.
- Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
Adaptability: Quickly Adapt
- Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity.
- Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities.
- Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities.
- Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives.
- Helps associates adjust to and develop the capabilities needed to implement organizational change initiatives.
Talent: Supervise Associates
- Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on associate performance.
- Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance.
- Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance.
- Recruits and hires the associates needed to meet business requirements.
- Teaches, guides, and assists in the development of associates.
location: San Bruno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 66 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Physical Activities
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 3 years experience in marketing or related field.
Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays. Entry Requirements Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.?
- 1 year of supervisory experience.?
- 3 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, including product marketing and brand management.
- 2 years experience in online marketing.?
- 2 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.?
- 1 year experience managing cross-functional teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.