job summary: Position Description:
- Help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, and the web to sell any consumer product, to anyone, anywhere in the world.
- Help develop payment products for the next generation of challenges, including very high capacity, guaranteed availability, and mass market usability without compromising the quality.
- Participate in Design and Creation of the next-generation Global Payments Service, providing holistic global support not just for credit cards but dozens of other payment methods: gift cards, checks, electronic funds transfer, COD, offline bank transfer, bill-me-later, subscription billing, mobile payments, etc.
- Hands on development on building n-tier applications using RESTful Services, Java/J2EE, Oracle and related technologies.
- Participate in managing code & configurations for multiple environments, release management process, creating and maintaining environment configuration and controls, code integrity and work closely with @platform team
- Analyzing business requirements, story-boards and similar artifacts of the scrum process, work in an agile development environment with a quick turnaround time and iterative builds.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Ensures inclusion of business vision and industry trends to enable results that drive business
- Problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues and provide appropriate solutions
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $75.00 - 82.50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the junior engineers
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 yearsexperience building scalable e-commerce applications
skills: Minimum Qualifications:
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 yearsexperience building scalable e-commerce applications
- 5+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java applications
- Advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, etc)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (Github)
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Experience developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services or related skill
- Experience developing with web/app containers such as Apache/Tomcat, Nginx
- Experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.