UX Visual Designer
A visual/interaction designer is a professional who can plan, create, and communicate beautiful, usable, and effective interface designs for mobile, web, and device interfaces. From layout, to visual branding, to motion and interactivity - interactive design is collaborative and comprehensive.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of current digital design trends as well as design fundamentals. This candidate is passionate about all aspects of the digital space and understands how to translate business problems into strong interactive solutions.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with contemporary tools, including Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Adobe Creative Cloud to design new interaction modules, page layouts, style guides, images, icons, animations and other visual elements
- Apply and update existing brand (visual and interaction) standards to accommodate test goals
- Present and communicate designs and design goals to teammates, partners, and leadership.
- Create prototypes using design tools noted above; by coding in HTML5/CSS/JS; and working directly with front-end developers
- Participate as an observer in user interviews and usability test sessions
- Validate developer-built experiences relative to UX design requirements, provide feedback and work with developers to reach best outcomes
- Bachelor's in a visual design-related discipline such as Design, Animation or related field of study - or 5 years relevant professional experience working as a visual designer, interaction designer, art director
- Experience working in a multi-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, installation-based and brick-and-mortar locations - must be able to demonstrate work designing responsive, adaptive and native experiences
- Knowledge of accessibility and its particular design requirements
skills: - Experience collaborating with large teams using outstanding, persuasive communication skills
- Experience delivering work on time and according to requirements
- Experience successfully executing and balancing multiple projects and tasks
- Experience creating and persuasively presenting design artifacts such as wireframes, user flow diagrams, experience maps and prototypes
- A portfolio of work demonstrating high-quality visual and interaction design
- Expert with contemporary UX Design tools, including Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Adobe Creative Cloud and Omnigraffle
- Experience coding in core front-end technologies (HTML5/CSS/JS) and working collaboratively with developers, especially front-end
- Experience designing and building digital products in compliance with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and with ADA accessibility guidelines
- Skillful peer leadership and persuading without authority
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.