Looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Data & Analytics organization. The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes in being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
In addition to Delivery, the full-stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. Should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tool sets/processes.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Minimize "meetings" to get requirements and have direct business interactions
- Write referenceable & modular code
- Design and architect the solution independently
- Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
- Passion to learn
- Take ownership and accountability
- Understands when to automate and when not to
- Desire to simplify
- Be entrepreneurial / business minded
- Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
- Take risks and champion new ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of being part of Agile teams using scrum or kanban
- 3+ years of working in an object-oriented language: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO languages
- 2+ years of scripting (python, ruby, perl, etc.)
- 1+ year of Big Data SQL. Working with marquee clients is a plus.
- Proficient in GIT and Jenkins
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment in close collaboration with DevOps
- Familiarity with Rally is a plus
- Design knowledge with Hadoop, Teradata, Looker, and Tableau along with Atscale tools is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
skills: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline. At least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years of experience in application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.