This position is responsible for network mapping, installation, start-up, maintenance and improvement. This necessarily involves ensuring the integrity and adequacy of the companies' LAN/WAN network connectivity, security, deployment, and other related tasks.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 28 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Oversee computer networks to ensure that they function smoothly by:
o Configuring and managing existing network.
o Customizing the system by connecting the necessary hardware and software to the network.
o Controlling user access to networks.
o Monitoring the performance of the network and troubleshoot any problems such as slow performance or network crashes.
o Manages infrastructure related to networks and related hardware and software to ensure availability, recoverability, performance, integrity and supportability through production support and maintenance of existing network and development and implementation of network enhancements
- 2-5 years experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong grasp of networks (LAN/WAN/SAN/WiFi/MPLS), Windows environments, wiring and cabling, and network management and maintenance
- Experience with Microsoft Server Active Directory, Group Policy, and Domain Services.
- Install, configure and support security related hardware/software appliances and solutions including Firewalls, IPSEC VPNs, Intrusion Detection, Anti-Virus, Mobile Security and DLP solutions
- Knowledge of Office 365 Security & Compliance Features and Authentication protocols is very desirable o Strong knowledge of network concepts and protocols: TCP/IP, BGP, NAT, VoIP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.
- Knowledge of security threat landscape and attack vectors
- Network Architect
- Cisco HyperFlex
- VMware vSphere
- Cisco core switching
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.