Lab System Support Engineer
1. Setup and troubleshoot VMware vCenter and ESXi resources, this include install the VC and ESXi
2. Knowledge of server administration, Windows and Linux, install Windows server and troubleshoot related issue
3. Configuring UCS servers and cisco switch on the rack is a plus
4. Rack and stack and cabling work in Datacenter environment
5. LAN knowledge is plus
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Mandatory to have at least 3 years in data center lab experience.
- L2 and L3 trouble shooting skills for datacenter networks, specially in areas of top of rack physical switching with VLANs, default gateway and cabling.
- Troubleshooting skills for VMWare ESXi/vCenter VM kernel NICs, default port groups and uplink configurations or similar skills in area of Microsoft HyperV/SCVMM.
skills: - Server /Bare-metal OS installation using hypervisors or standalone unix/windows OS using remote PXE Servers.
- Optional skills in areas of understanding and configurations for Cisco Datacenter Servers(UCS/UCSM) and Datacenter ACI switching.
- Good to have skills in areas of network configurations in AWS for hybrid cloud and knowledge of unix shell or power shell and python scripting.
- Certifications in DataCenter domain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.