We are staffing up a team of truly A-level players for this unique challenge and we?re seeking an experienced software developer to be an integral part of this team. You will be bringing your years of experience in mobile and web development, strong skills and experience with NET to solve challenging engineering problems quickly and with quality, creating frameworks and developer tools in addition to providing mentorship and guidance for other members of the team. The review process will include reading and writing code in addition to meeting with several senior software engineers and architects.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $98 - 102 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Works with internal stakeholders such as Product Management, Client Care, and Compliance, as well as clients, to clearly define and document their requests.
- Assists with diagnosis/troubleshooting of reported problems pertaining to software developed team.
- Determines how to best implement the requested changes / customization. This may include working with Development staff, Product Managers, QA staff and / or other Business Analysts.
- Creates business requirements documentation / programming specifications with sufficient detail to enable application developers to complete the programming request.
- Ensures that the final user documentation effectively conveys the information the client needs.
- Tests / validates developed software solution to ensure that the completed product matches with the business requirements and operates correctly.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years? experience with Mobile back end development; strong knowledge of authentication and authorization for mobile technology.
- Working knowledge of Identity and Access Management standards including OpenID Connect, OAuth 2, WS-Federation, SAML and FIDO U2F/UAF.
- Experience with token-based authentication including working with JWTs.
- Hands-on experience working with LDAP, Active Directory and third-party identity providers.
- Strong security background and fully versed on OWASP standards.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply knowledge to solve technical and business problems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Deep knowledge of software engineering and computer science fundamentals (e.g. design patters, best practices, etc.)
- Experience with SOA, Web Services and large distributed systems
- Thorough understanding of security-based design patterns
- Tenacious desire to continually learn new technologies
- Solid experience with Agile development
- End to end experience across the entire software development lifecycle (Design, Specifications, Code Review, Performance Testing, Unit Testing, guidance documentation)
- Track record of delivering production quality software.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a project team in a cooperative effort
- Proven track record of designing, building, documenting and supporting enterprise applications.
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated expertise working with Microsoft web-based technologies including ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API. Experience with ASP.NET Core is also a plus. Must also be thoroughly grounded in the fundamentals of REST.
- Substantial experience with the following technologies: Unity, MOQ, MEF (Microsoft Extensibility Framework), Microsoft Enterprise Library and WIF (Windows Identity Foundation).
- Solid experience working with one or more ORMs including Entity Framework and NHibernate.
- Strong database skills a must. Should be completely adept when it comes to working with Oracle and SQL Server. Knowledgeable on every aspect of DDL, DML and DCL.
- Experience working in Azure or other cloud-based environment.
- Thoroughly proficient with all facets of application testing including performance, stress, unit, integration and smoke testing. Recent experience with tools like Fiddler, Postman and SoapUI is also required.
- Conduct design and code reviews across project work
- Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to colleagues, users and staff
- Design, develop and implement comprehensive testing strategies. A strong understanding of unit testing, mocking and integration testing is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
- Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, strategies, practices and tools for developing content to support sale, implementation, support and use of software products.
- Knowledge of concepts, philosophies, processes and disciplines for service-oriented IT architecture; ability to design and manage a service-based IT architecture that emphasizes sharing of business processes and supports business agility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.