- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior via qualitative methods, benchmark studies, lab studies and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60.00 - 66.26 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Participate in both onsite and offsite research -- local travel may be required (SF Bay Area).
Minimum Bachelor's (preferred MS) in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- Minimum Bachelor's (preferred MS) in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least two years of experience working in a full-time position conducting qualitative UX research for consumer-facing, shipping products (academic roles and internships do not qualify).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with other researchers on qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- At least 2 years experience conducting UX research with mobile apps and/or consumer software products
- Demonstrated interest or experience in Health related fields.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.