job summary: Project Overview:
We are looking for a UX Research Assistant to join our research team in Sunnyvale, CA. Our team is responsible for conducting research on engineering productivity. Overall Responsibilities:
- The core responsibility of the UX Research Assistant will be to support a team of UX Researchers and Engineers in the area of developer experience and productivity.
- As part of the role, you will be involved with user research planning and execution, utilizing a variety of UX methodologies across a number of products.
- Your primary user group will be software developers, so a passion for cutting edge technology is important to this role.
- You will be working within a team of experienced researchers and engineers.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $33.33 - 36.81 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Work closely with researchers to understand needs for research and develop detailed research plans.
- Execute on research plans, including usability studies, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyze data and create research reports.
M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory Required Skills:
Desired Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program.
- 1-2 years of relevant work/academic experience, including experience integrating user research into design and product development life cycle.
- Must understand user experience design principles and best practices.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, with a specific understanding of iterative design and usability testing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Capability to work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects and to adapt to changing schedules and different projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule. Eager to develop professionally.
- Proficiency with several user research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and strong analytic skills.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with software engineering and computer science.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with statistical analysis and programming.
- Leadership, communication and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.