The IT Manager oversees the maintenance of existing client applications and the development/installation of new applications and/or related IT projects. The IT Manager also oversees the T Network Team and is responsible for the procurement of hardware and software, as well as maintaining security and compliance internal audit controls.
location: Tempe, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Hire and manage IT personnel. Complete and conduct scheduled performance appraisals and make salary recommendations.
- Manage and motivate IT staff to meet company objectives. Meet with staff regularly to establish goals and follow up. Provide ongoing performance feedback.
- Facilitate staff training to develop team member skills and improve performance.
- Create and maintain a high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level and to continue working for the company. Actively monitor employee relationships and issues. Communicate proactively when issues/concerns arise.
- Review and provide feedback about the work performed by IT personnel. Ensure staff members comply with company policies and procedures. Recognize and reward employees who exceed expectations for work quantity/quality. Hold employees accountable for work that does not meet expectations in accordance with company policy.
- Actively lead and participate in discussions, Business Reviews, etc. with clients addressing our IT capabilities and providing status updates.
- Delegate work to staff and ensure that the staff understands the project/client requirements. Follow up with staff to ensure deadlines are met, and QA is completed before items are moved to production.
- Support all phases of the IT project life cycle. Work with clients to obtain system requirements. Ensure there is understanding of what the client wants and needs. Document project specifications. Work with clients and internal stakeholders throughout all phases of projects, from gathering specifications, to writing/reviewing code, to system implementation.
- Work with client data to convert and translate into custom client/server or web tool system.
- Actively prioritize projects and resources as needed to ensure deadlines are met. At times this must be done multiple times a day.
- Work creatively to control costs through economical utilization of available resources (staff and materials).
- Meet client needs through the support and modification of existing systems whenever possible. Oversee the leveraging of existing code to maximize profit and minimize costs.
- Manage computer network and related procurement of hardware and software.
- Work with General Manager and Human Resources to maintain adequate staffing levels and recommend changes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree; IT preferred
- Network management
- Database design in MS SQL
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Design and coding experience with ASP .Net in C#
- Minimum of two years demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- Must be very organized with excellent follow up skills.
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and take responsibility for project completion.
- Minimum of 2 years successfully supervising others including; hiring, motivating, counseling, and terminating.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle stress ad react quickly to meet industry and client demands.
- A desire to continue learning as the industry expands and redefines itself.
skills: Database Developers:
Responsible for the development and enhancements related to client/server system and other custom access-based systems. Manage the loading of monthly client data, the printing of documents and ad hoc query requests. Web Developers:
Responsible for the development of custom web tool applications including; the setup of databases and feeds to and from the Paragon system to help facilitate payments. Web Developers also may work with clients to answer questions or gather business requirements. Web Developers may also perform Access/SQL development. Network Lead/Administrator:
Responsible for deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting desktop computers and servers, including cable runs. Manage network, security, backups, and recovery processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.