The Tempe IT Manager ensures ACB staff and clients receive outstanding technical support and service. The IT Manager oversees the maintenance of existing client applications and the development/installation of new applications and/or related IT projects. These projects must be managed in accordance with ACB Service Orders, client SLA's (Service Level Agreements) and ACB policies and procedures. The IT Manager also oversees the Tempe Network Team and is responsible for the procurement of hardware and software, as well as maintaining security and compliance with ACB internal audit controls.
location: Tempe, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Hire and manage IT personnel. Complete and conduct scheduled performance appraisals and make salary recommendations.
- Manage and motivate IT staff to meet company objectives. Meet with staff regularly to establish goals and follow up. Provide ongoing performance feedback.
- Facilitate staff training to develop team member skills and improve performance.
- Create and maintain a high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level and to continue working for the company. Actively monitor employee relationships and issues. Communicate proactively when issues/concerns arise.
- Review and provide feedback about the work performed by IT personnel. Ensure staff members comply with company policies and procedures. Recognize and reward employees who exceed expectations for work quantity/quality. Hold employees accountable for work that does not meet expectations in accordance with company policy.
- Actively lead and participate in discussions, Business Reviews, etc. with clients addressing our IT capabilities and providing status updates.
- Delegate work to staff and ensure that the staff understands the project/client requirements. Follow up with staff to ensure deadlines are met, and QA is completed before items are moved to production.
- Support all phases of the IT project life cycle. Work with clients to obtain system requirements. Ensure there is understanding of what the client wants and needs. Document project specifications. Work with clients and internal stakeholders throughout all phases of projects, from gathering specifications, to writing/reviewing code, to system implementation.
- Work with client data to convert and translate into custom client/server or web tool system.
- Actively prioritize projects and resources as needed to ensure deadlines are met. At times this must be done multiple times a day.
- Work creatively to control costs through economical utilization of available resources (staff and materials).
- Meet client needs through the support and modification of existing systems whenever possible. Oversee the leveraging of existing code to maximize profit and minimize costs.
- Manage computer network and related procurement of hardware and software.
- Work with General Manager and Human Resources to maintain adequate staffing levels and recommend changes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree; IT preferred
- Network management
- Database design in MS SQL
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Design and coding experience with ASP .Net in C#
- Minimum of two years demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- Must be very organized with excellent follow up skills.
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and take responsibility for project completion.
Human Relations Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years successfully supervising others including; hiring, motivating, counseling, and terminating.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle stress ad react quickly to meet industry and client demands.
skills: The position's basic challenges are to meet development deadlines that have been agreed to through the client sale and prior to having all project specifications. The position also requires the management of multiple client projects and consistent follow-up on all open issues.
The following personal characteristics are critical to the position's success:
- Positive, professional approach with clients and staff
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to promote a team environment
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and ability to maintain perspective in difficult/stressful conditions
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.