Learning Technologies Administrator
The Learning Technologies Administrator is responsible for and provides technical leadership in support of the School's learning technologies. This position is responsible for the operational support and maintenance of resources used for instructional services. The LT Administrator is the primary administrator for the School's Executive Education learning management ecosystem. The LT Administrator works closely with project teams and oversees regular system updates and upgrades.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
Essential Responsibilities: - Answers all tier II support requests for learning technologies;
- Escalates support requests to both client software development teams and third-party vendors, as required, and manages them to resolution;
- Engages with project teams to provide subject matter expertise, assist in development of user stories in alignment with customer use cases and service strategy, and acts as the voice of the customer;
- Manages a backlog of feature requests and defects through regular backlog grooming of applications in the service portfolio;
- Creates, maintains and executes a schedule of configuration changes, validation tasks and maintenance tasks to ensure seamless delivery of client academic programs; - Works within the School's existing infrastructure to assist in development, testing, and implementing of upgrades;
- Develops and maintains up-to-date documentation for the portfolio; - Has deep knowledge of current industry trends, staying abreast of changes as they occur in order to provide leadership in that arena for the School;
- Develops strong relationships with faculty, students, support staff, instructional designers, and technical staff to ensure the effective use of tools to enhance learning; - Participates in the evaluation of other instructional technology tools that might be used to supplement the current environment and;
Required Education and Skills: - 3 years of progressively responsible experience as an application administrator or end of the line support; experience with custom-built products preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of product management and development principles, as well as the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
- 1-2 years experience with Agile software development, Java web applications, Oracle 12, and Informatica.
- 1-2 years experience with instructional design principles, practices, and/or theories. - Experience with other instructional technologies such as Adobe Connect, polling systems, and collaboration tools. Additional Required Skills and Abilities:
skills: - Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, management information systems, computer engineering, or a similar degree with equivalent related work experience.
- Recent experience with the administration of Kaltura, Canvas, and D2L, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates the following interpersonal attributes: adaptable, flexible; uses grace and tact under pressure; unflappable when confronting challenges; resilient; positive outlook and "cando" attitude; respectful and approachable style.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively with faculty and staff with varying degrees of technical knowledge/aptitude.
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded, and comfortable with changing responsibilities and duties as new and additional needs become known.
- Experience with Windows and OS X desktop platforms in addition to iOS, Android, and Windows mobile.
- Knowledge of .NET, Sharepoint and Wordpress preferred.
- Experience with the ITIL framework and ITSM is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.