job summary: PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Perform the administrative functions required to maintain the Windows based servers, which includes information technology infrastructure and provide support through various activities to information technology department.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
) Windows System Administration/Infrastructure support
) Provide 2nd tier technical support
) Work on special projects as assigned
) Assist IT Team Members as required Working Hours:
8:30 to 5:00 Monday - Friday (37.5 hour workweek)
qualifications: SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Manage all aspects of backing up systems
- Perform hardware and software patches as required
- Perform system administration functions
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain Windows servers
- Manage user accounts, i.e. user access rights
- Security issues, etc.
- Provides 2nd tier technical support (hardware and software)
- Organizes and provides user training.
- Documents and records changes for future reference
- Actively coordinates with team members and other groups to effectively perform general and routine requests such as backup, restores, permissions changes, patch application, and testing.
- Follows procedures, best practices and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems, software, network and port configuration, host-based firewalls, and peripherals.
- Supports and collaborates with team members, software vendors, temporary and contract employees and other technical staff on project efforts to achieve implementation plans and timelines.
- Review and monitor systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance to ensure system stability.
- Provide reports and capacity data to support metrics for hardware warranty, software licensing and asset management systems.
- May require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
- Demonstrates quality service and accountability in the process of resolving requests, supporting daily operations, and ensuring system stability that results in accurate, timely, and efficient solutions and data as evidenced by meeting customer needs and meeting or exceeding established performance metrics.
- Proactively seeks information and utilizes analytical and creative problem-solving skills along with standard processes and technologies resulting in secure and reliable connections to and use of systems, applications, and infrastructure.
- Demonstrates accountability, relationship building, effective communication skills, and quality service in the process of collaborating with, supporting, advising, and educating customers and team members on the use of services, handling of sensitive data, and resolving incidents and requests, resulting in meeting or exceeding customer needs, established performance metrics, and efficient, effective, and compliant use of services
- Extensive interaction with all staff.
- Some travel may be required.
- Works on special projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as required to support IT's mission
- Great attention to detail
skills: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business computing or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving, and working independently to successfully implement Windows Server (e.g. 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016) and/or relevant coursework including applications, operating system and hardware layers.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform day-to-day administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring) for at least one of the following platforms/systems: Windows or Mac.
- Familiarity with current computer technology and applications.
- Hands-on experience with Office 365 Pro or Office2016 Pro
- Hands-on experience with the Microsoft Windows platform: Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 2016 and familiarity with Windows 10
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft's Office 365 SaaS environment
- Experience with backup applications and cloud backup solutions
- Experience with SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Office 365 Groups
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Certification
- Good working knowledge of server hardware
- Good working knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, OSI model, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of: setting-up, troubleshooting, upgrading and repairing servers
- Good customer service skills
- Certifications/technical training may be substituted for with experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.