We are seeking a talented engineer capable of designing and implementing the features and components to empower our Enterprise Marketing applications. The applicant must thrive in making innovative applications, websites, and solutions.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate about their work and embrace the ideals of software craftsmanship and agile development practices.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $61 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Implement and operate a scalable, secure, and high-performance, API driven, service oriented platform deployed worldwide.
- Work closely with a team of engineers to design and implement features and components aligned with Teradata Analytic Applications business strategy.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams to design and implement web-applications and refactor codebase to improve maintainability.
- Solve complex scalability platform, and integration problems.
- Learn new paradigms, languages, and libraries for building production applications.
- 7+ years developing web applications in a highly transparent agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality.
- Proven experience in developing micro-services.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Expert level programming skills designing and implementing high performing, scalable, and secure web applications using Java (1.7 or 1,8), using Java libraries such as Spring, Apache Commons, JAXB, and/or hBase.
- Strong understanding of Microservices architectures and prior hands-on experience in
- developing and deploying Microservices solutions on Cloud infrastructures.
- Proven ability to design and implement API driven applications and using and creating RESTful services.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores, index stores and caching technologies (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, and Redis) and/or Relational Databases (e.g. Teradata, SQL Server, and Oracle) and writing complex SQL queries.
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol, WebSocket, SSE and other web technologies.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.
- Hands on experience with web servers and load balancing technologies.
- Understanding on network communications, including TCP/IP, HTTP, and RPC protocols.
- Hands on experience implementing security principles using SSL protocols and data encryption.
- Experience using source code management systems like git or svn and build tools like maven, gradle, ant, or make.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the latest technologies with a focus on customer delivery and the ability to put their ideas in writing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.