Sr. Project Manager
- Leads the delivery of a highly complex project(s).
- Maintains a tactical focus.
- Sets clear objectives and defined deliverables.
- Develops cost benefit analyses for the project, communicates to an executive committee, creates and reports project status utilizing a dashboard, allocates resources, defines project governance policies and manages the financial concerns.
- Utilizes and effectively communicates technical components of an initiative to applicable parties.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team while motivating team members to their highest potential.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills as well as business presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Interfaces effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units.
- Effectively utilizes external vendors and internal resources.
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
- Education: BA/BS Degree
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $64.83 - 72.94 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Project planning: Responsible for planning and conducting project kickoff meetings, defining project scope, facilitating technical/operational requirements identification, developing detailed project plans, project budget or anticipated savings, and establishing a framework for the management of on-going project activities.
- Project execution and tracking: Manages the project management process, including leading project meetings.
- Oversees project activities such as documenting issues, action items, user requirements, or deliverables from project meetings.
- Manages a variety of project related activities, including: updating project schedules and plans, project communications, budget tracking, etc.
- Accomplishes all work within established methodologies and standards.
- Issues management: Identifies and tracks project issues, resolving issues where possible or escalating to higher management when needed.
- Assesses and manages risks and drives mitigation activities.
- Change management: Influences and gains commitment to change.
- Partners with clients and project team members to drive communications and change management activities for each project deliverable.
- May be responsible for participating in the development of communications and change management materials.
- Business and process improvement: Identifies opportunities for business or process improvement and makes associated recommendations as appropriate.
- Business Case development: Leads business case development and benefits realization tracking.
- Customer Service: Actively engages clients through all phases of the project life cycle, ensuring client satisfaction through timely communication and consistent completion of deliverables within communicated timeframes.
- Responsibilities impact at the enterprise level, including project deliverables and project timelines at the enterprise level.
- Responsible for the development of functional objectives.
- Has budgetary influence or manages a project budget.
- Work is generally conducted across up to ten (10) interdependent work tracks.
- Requires a high level of judgment and risk taking to make appropriate decisions for diverse, sophisticated, and undefined issues.
- Requires significantly complex decision-making where measurement of outcomes may be undefined or highly unclear.
- Organizes and guides project operations through highly complex decision making regarding resource allocation, project
- Scope and deliverables in the context of conflicting, often ambiguous priorities.
- May have formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Assume other duties as directed.
- Minimum 12 plus years of experience with dedicated project management using industry standard project management tools and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Project - project plan creation and maintenance and conceptualization of project components and deliverables.
- Ability to facilitate project planning meetings to articulate project components and deliverables with high level audiences.
- Expert knowledge of information technology and web based applications.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of project management using Agile methodology
- Experience in managing project sharepoint.
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to collaborate with stakeholders and build healthy relationships
- Proactively drive project activities, issues, risks, dependencies and action items.
- Being able to manage ambiguity
- Detailed oriented and excellent problem solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.