Our Client is seeking a Systems Engineer with a few years of lead experience for an exciting project in Alpharetta. The Lead Linux team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to our customers. Working with Development, Product and other Engineering teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business. Delivery of the infrastructure solution requires a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture, hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, management of the application container, as well as project technical leadership skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time.
A high degree of collaboration with Development and other Infrastructure teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will leverage a consultative approach, exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups in a diverse and talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
1. Lead cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available Linux Java-based infrastructures, and managing solutions utilizing Apache, WebLogic, JBoss, Coherence, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), WebSphere MQ, DB2 Connect.
2. Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to develop Infrastructure / System Engineering Designs for internally hosted solutions.
3. Implement solutions by writing automation processes to deploy Linux systems, application containers, and hosted applications.
4. Be a primary infrastructure interface for business unit and operations teams throughout the project lifecycle.
5. Technical leadership for project based assignments.
6. Providing technical documentation to Project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
7. Script development for repeatable processes (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.).
8. Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 5-7 years of professional work experience in a related role.
Job Related Experience:
- Experience utilizing a consultative approach while interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Linux , Solaris, and Java platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing solutions utilizing one or more of the following technologies:
o Linux (Red Hat 7 Preferred)
o SUN OS (10/11 Preferred)
o Oracle Fusion Middleware
o Oracle RAC
o WebSphere Portal
o WebSphere MQ
- Experience in script development (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.)
- Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools including Red Hat Satellite Server, HP Server Automation, HP Operations Orchestration.
- Sun Virtualization, LDOM & Server Sizing.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
- Ability to quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
- Ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple sites and geographic areas
- Must be flexible and have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail
skills: Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- High organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
- Familiarity with development models (RUP / Agile / etc.).
- Experience administering source control, build automation tools
- Infrastructure/System Engineering experience on UNIX/Linux platforms utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage.
- Oracle Exadata and PSG working knowledge a bonus.
- Less than 20% per year
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.