job summary: Position Description
- Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what's next for their business - all with technology built in the cloud.
- Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware.
- And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers - developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies - see the benefits of our technology come to life.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $56.67 - 62.58 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Job responsibilities
- Develop frontend and backend systems from start to finish with a strong focus on business critical systems
- Work closely with business and data science partners in Google Cloud to drive the growth of Cloud and maximize impact
- Rapid development and prototyping Be a strong communicator, leader, and advocate for our customers.
- Deliver highly scalable and reliable business solutions to customers and partners.
- Work in partnership with the product team and other stakeholders to produce high quality and specific requirements.
- Write high quality designs that document technical alternatives and make sound engineering decisions across known and unknown interacting systems.
- Provide estimates and dependencies for engineering tasks.
- Be able to lead all aspects of development including design, task allocation, implementation, testing, documentation, ongoing support and maintenance.
BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory Minimum qualifications
Desired Preferred qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with large systems software design including storage, networking, deployment and scaling methodologies.
- Experience in one or more programming languages.
- Having as many of these specific qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
- Demonstrated programming experience in Java, Python, and/or Go.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and its suite of serving, hosting, and storage services.
- Experience in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems.
- Experience engaging, working, and communicating with external customers in a professional manner.
- Experience with one or more frontend frameworks such as React or Angular
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.