- Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure.
- Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2-4 years of experience.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $48.00 - 52.80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2-4 years of experience.
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field 8+ years' experience building web applications Solid understanding of computer science principles
skills: Minimum Qualifications
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field 8+ years' experience building web applications Solid understanding of computer science principles
- Excellent Soft Skills Understanding the major algorithms like searching and sorting
- Strong skills in writing clean code using languages like Java and J2EE technologies. Understanding how to engineer the RESTful, Micro services and knowledge of major software patterns like MVC, Singleton, Facade, Business Delegate
- Deep knowledge of web technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JSON Good understanding of continuous integration tools and frameworks like Jenkins
- Experience in working with the Agile environments, like Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience in dealing with the performance tuning for very large-scale apps.
- Experience in writing scripting using Perl, Python and Shell scripting.
- Experience in writing jobs using Open source cluster computing frameworks like Spark
- Relational database design experience- MySQL, Oracle, SOLR, NoSQL - Cassandra, Mango DB and Hive.
- Aptitude for writing clean, succinct and efficient code. Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.