job summary: Web Software Developer Senior
As a senior Software Engineer,
the person in this role will be responsible for the architecture, development and delivery of applications pertaining to the EOHHS' Health Information Exchange for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The resource will be working with the EOHHS technology teams and will help in the integration of corporate and business architecture and designs. This person should be a hands-on developer who can lead and implement solutions and manage the delivery in a timely manner.
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Collaborate with the business to understand requirements
- Ensure alignment of solutions with business and IT goals/objectives
- Incorporate software and system architecture into conceptual designs
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/ standards/trends related to architectural solutions and implement them into solutions pertaining to the Organization's needs
- Oversee the Design Process for Application Software development throughout the life cycle
- Create Technical Documents such as design, environment, deployment, architecture etc.
- Communicate effectively with all other teams and stakeholders during these activities.
- Work on projects developing applications using full Java stack and expert level coding experience across all tiers of the development
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Experience building high quality applications by creating a well-designed architecture, writing clean code and implementing industry standards, design concepts and design patterns
- Must have successfully delivered complex applications by collaborating with non-technical team members including quality assurance, business analysts and project managers.
- Expert knowledge of Java Stack including Apache, Tomcat, Linux
- Expert level knowledge on developing multi-tier enterprise level web based applications using J2EE technologies like Servlets, JSPs, Hibernate, Spring and Spring Boot, XML/ XSLT, Java and Multi-threading concepts
- Expert knowledge in Web Services and security
- Healthcare standards such as CCD/C-CDA, HL7, FHIR etc is preferred
- Knowledge on technologies such as ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash and other big data concepts
- Ability to mentor and lead technical team members responsibly.
- Load and performance testing knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of performance testing and tuning of applications
- Strong team player with good communication skills.
- Computer Science degree or 9+ years industry experience preferred.
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of healthcare industry standards and architecture
- Team leadership and project management experience
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications deployed across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and + experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.