Senior Agile Coach Job Description
The Agile Coach will be responsible for facilitating, planning and implementing the Agile adoption initiative for multiple MFS software delivery teams.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully helping organizations transform and a strong background in software development lifecycles.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a seasoned, mature, and organizationally savvy leader with a broad understanding how to effectively facilitate change an organization. The candidate must be an excellent listener, possess outstanding facilitation and conflict-resolution skills, the ability to work in collaborative environments, and have an energetic, self-motivated, value-driven and customer-focused mindset.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $95 - 100 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities
- Coach, mentor, and advise technology, business, and management teams in applying Agile values, principles, frameworks, and approaches.
- Develop and conduct training sessions and workshops to further support agile adoption.
- Coach, mentor, and guide teams in Agile release planning, kickoff, and sprint planning events.
- Coach and mentor teams in creating, managing, and using product backlogs, identifying project interdependencies, and delivering value using doneness and acceptance criteria.
- Encourage and promote established engineering practices like unit testing, pair programming, test-driven development, and continuous integration.
- Encourage and promote engineering practices that lead to an appropriate level of quality; foster learning and use of automated testing.
- Guide Scrum Masters in facilitating Scrum events and activities (sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review, sprint retrospective, backlog refinement, release planning).
- Develop Scrum Master and Product Owner skills in team members.
- Guide teams in using and sharing data to improve outcomes, delivery, and organizational support.
- Guide teams in removing impediments, finding agreement, and resolving conflicts; promote continuous improvement and continuous transparency throughout delivery cycles.
- Assist teams in effective use of JIRA and Confluence for sharing delivery data and progress across locations and time.
qualifications: Required Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in training, mentoring, and coaching teams in adopting and maintaining an Agile mindset, with deep experience in employing Scrum, Kanban, and modern engineering practices.
- Hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, leading complex multiple technology programs/projects using Scrum; experience with other Agile approaches.
- Experience using tools like Jira, Version One, or Rally (CA Agile Central).
- Experience coaching geographically dispersed teams across multiple time zones.
- 15+ years of IT experience, with end-to-end experience on large-scale systems development projects and process improvements efforts.
skills: Preferred Experience
- Experience delivering and supporting IT projects in the financial/investment domain.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.