One of our Austin clients is looking to add a Technical Support Engineer to their growing team. This position acts as domain expert for technology related support issues. Provides day to day guidance to the IT Solutions Technicians. Provides tier 2 and 3 technical support to remote and local end users on a variety of issues. Leads the help desk team in delivering exceptional customer service by monitoring that incident resolution and that customer requests are promptly attended to.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $15 - 16 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Closely monitor both received and open calls to meet customer satisfaction.
- Ensure proper documentation of service ticket status
- Delegate help desk tickets to team members accordingly to optimize service delivery pace.
- Observe service desk operation processes to determine how effective they are and help develop new processes when old ones are ineffective.
- Work closely with management to make provision for replacement hardware
- Deploy technology equipment for new employees
- Assist in maintaining inventory of all IT equipment, software and software licenses.
- 2 nd level escalation point for team members to Troubleshoot, repair and resolve issues with mobile devices, computers and software.
- Ability to identify when to seek guidance and escalate issues to management.
- Lead team members by exhibiting strong interpersonal skills and ability to execute on goals and SLA's
- Backup the IT Manager in day to day operations as needed.
- Other responsibilities as needed
qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Knowledgeable in service desk systems and IT tools.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and technologies (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Wireless, Ethernet).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and other software.
- PC hardware/software troubleshooting.
- Management and configuration of Apple iOS devices.
- Managing users and computers in an Active Directory domain.
- Remote access technologies (VPN, Citrix).
skills: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Apple, IOS, Windows, VPN, Citrix
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.