job summary: Role Summary:
We are seeking a talented Program Director to provide enterprise support services with our team in Nashville! This individual has the profile of a collaborative professional who excels in dynamic, sometimes ambiguous, complex, high-stakes, enterprise-level activities by taking ownership, driving action, and ensuring results. Able to take direction and respond quickly to both planned and unplanned activities, acting as "right hand" to department leadership, ensuring delivery and kept promises to matrixed business partners and IT. The successful candidate will work directly with colleagues at all levels of the Enterprise, and will be adept at navigating corporate structures and team dynamics; developing executive level communications; and producing actionable output from communicated direction and vision
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Major Duties:
The Program Director will direct complex, critical program efforts. Manages, within a matrix environment, other project and resource specialists while providing both high level and detailed planning and guidance. Must be able to expect and embrace change, if the change helps to maximize the benefits of the program for the company. Acts as change agent and advocate to ensure team wide alignment with IT standards for SDLC and TWWGWD. Always views the program from a holistic view, while still managing the details. Provides Program governance to align with Business Management standards. Able to handle common program management issues including dependencies between projects; prioritization among projects and aligning with the strategic goals and objectives of the organization. Manages conflict resolution and the political aspects of the Program by interacting seamlessly with project team members; stakeholders and governance boards. Provides over all leadership and vision. Success measurements include ROI, benefits and new capabilities provided by the program.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent years of experience is required.
- 7+ years experience in a project management role with demonstrated skills in relationship building, negotiation, conflict resolution, and project management of projects have medium to high degree of complexity required.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Desired skills include Project Management experience, business and technical analytics.
- Project management certification preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills. This individual must be comfortable with professionally challenging key stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Exceptional execution of project communications plans is a must.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, PPT and SharePoint are critical; demonstrated ability to produce crisp, professional documents imperative
- Must be detailed oriented, but able to pivot and communicate at a high-level to leadership teams.
- Understanding of key components of SDLC and PM critical components (scope, time, costs, quality, HR, communications, risk mitigation, integration, etc.)
- Experience managing delivery of IT and Business impacting projects
- Strong analytical and administrative skills; formal Business Analysis experience preferred
- Proven track-record in managing multiple assignments simultaneously
- Consistently dependable, self-motivated, flexible, and highly driven individual
- Must have a good attitude and know how to make work enjoyable; curiosity imperative
- Consultative mentality with formal consulting experience highly desirable
- Excellent organizational skills an absolute must
- Negotiation and decision making skills
- Dash-boarding and management-level reporting
- Manages and coordinates the development, approval, implementation and compliance of on-going programs; develops program budget; ensures program meets its stated objectives; provides subject matter expertise in response to day to day program related issues.
- Guide and oversee resources in a matrixed organization for the development of program delivery strategies ensuring alignment with TWWGWD (The Way We Get Work Done), and influence the standards representing Corp IT needs and processes.
- Develop communication plans and interfaces with matrix teams, IT leadership, business leadership, and external vendors/partners. Track and monitor the progress of key projects/programs and their associated milestones and recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Has a successful track record of completing projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities and meet deadlines on at least one to two projects.
- Can demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodology and its practical application towards completing work.
- Has demonstrated outstanding negotiation, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach others.
skills: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field. Project Management certificate may be required. Typically has 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role and 5 years managing projects. Overall responsibility for project decisions and resources.
Project management certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.