Within our Enterprise Digital Services organization, we're passionate about the work we do. We are innovating the way we communicate with our providers, customers, member and partners. We are transforming our digital footprint to create sites and applications with forward thinking technologies consistently focusing on how we can elevate the intuitive user experience we strive to deliver consistently.
The Functional Analyst is a critical and valuable part of our team. This role is responsible for the successful development of system configuration documents and other technical reports supporting multiple projects and operational components. This role coordinates with business owners to gather and validate requirements, interprets requirements with technical teams to refine and produce necessary documentation for implementation and ensures work products and processes of the project teams meet IT defined standards.
- Advises and recommends areas of program planning, business management, budget execution and program coordination.
- Prepares needs assessment.
- Validates resource requirements and develops cost estimate models.
- Conducts and coordinates financial, product, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group.
- Interprets, evaluates, and interrelates research data, and develops integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Plans and coordinates the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required, and presents findings of studies to client committees.
- Provides consultative, technical, and staff support, as appropriate.
- Experience Level: 3-6 Years
location: Renton, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $33.52 - 37.71 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Work closely with business users to gather and validate requirements
- Define and build agreement on scope based on inputs from stakeholders
- Work closely with technical teams to refine, interpret and implement the requirements
- Analyze the existing systems
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements
- Perform gap analysis and recommend solutions
- Review options with stakeholders to achieve agreement on the go forward design.
- Document requirements, create functional specifications and prepare visual flows
- Prepare technical documentation, system configuration documents and other technical reports
- Provide regular status
Proactively mitigate risks and identify and manage issues Deliverables (to be refined on a project by project basis):
- Functional Specifications
- Process flows
- Status reports
- Risk and Issue matrix
- Business Portal Enhancement project- the goal of the position is to identify what the end user pain points are and solve from the IT perspective.
- This resource will need strong communication skills to communicate to stakeholders. Know what questions to ask to understand the current state.
- This resource will bring this information to the tech team (developers, testers, PM) to execute.
- This resource will need to have experience with VISIO, working in an Agile environment, and Jira will be preferred.
- It is also required that this resource will be comfortable working in ambiguity and will need to be able to pivot accordingly.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a large academic, research, and/or health care facility.
- Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of the principles of strategic business decision-making.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Consultative and advisory skills.
- Skill in the use of survey and market research methodologies, systems, and techniques.
- Skill in the use of computerized spreadsheet, relational database, and word processing software.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.