job summary: Job Description:
- The Business Analyst will work with the Customer Success Practice team to develop and support high-impact programs designed to address the critical needs of the Business.
- This role is instrumental in helping the team successfully address complex problems and enabling Client to build a world-class Customer Success methodology.
- The biggest impact will come from someone who has a keen focus on understanding the details and getting them right, is not afraid to tackle challenges head-on in a fast-paced environment, and has experience collaborating across teams and regions.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $26.47 - 30.00 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Customer Success Practice team members and key organizational stakeholders to develop and execute high-impact and strategic programs that support Client's goal of building a best-in-class approach to Customer Success
- Ensure program deliverables are on track with established timelines and project plans, proactively communicate risks as they arise, and ensure that deliverables are checked for validity
- Drive improvement and iteration of programs and processes throughout their lifecycle
1+ years of experience in business operations, consulting, or project management. Nice to have: experience with Customer Success in a technology or software context
skills: What you need to be successful:
- 1+ years of experience in business operations, consulting, or project management. Nice to have: experience with Customer Success in a technology or software context
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to understand technical and non-technical information and convey the information effectively to different audiences
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Familiarity with MS Office suite, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including data analysis, formulas and formatting. Nice to have: experience with Business Intelligence modeling
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Self-starter that thrives in the face of challenges
- Collaborative team player who is willing to wear different hats if needed
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Embraces working with diverse team across geographies
- High energy and positive attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.