The Director, Digital Marketing and Engagement is ultimately responsible for the development and implementation of digital campaigns, with the goal of creating a vibrant, powerful, and sustainable advocacy movement in support of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. The Director will work with the Senior Director Technology Strategy to ensure the best systems and technology are in place for online movement and digital marketing. The Digital Director will work closely with the Director of Marketing to ensure a clear, consistent and strategic message is implemented across all digital platforms and continually tested for optimization. The Digital Director will also work closely with the Individual Philanthropy Team to maximize online fundraising and the use of digital communications to cultivate and upsell donors; the program teams to expand exposure of our services; and our advocacy and public policy teams to increase engagement in critical fights and broaden our base of activists.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
This is a newly created position where the Director, Digital Marketing & Engagement will be expected to lead the company in transforming their digital operations. The ideal candidate will recognize the potential in harnessing the disability community's power and the brand, and will creatively and relentlessly drive digital transformation that supports our organization's longstanding commitment to promoting and protecting the civil rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Lead and implement a strategy for attracting, engaging, and mobilizing supporters through digital channels to sustained involvement, including as activists and donors.
- Lead and implement digital marketing, including: email writing, search engine marketing (including a Google Grant), display advertising, sponsored content, and search engine optimization
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Services Team to determine which digital channels and distributions will take priority each week and month.
- Work with the Social Media Associate and Analytics Manager to develop metrics and targets for each social media platform and online advocacy program.
- Lead the management of all websites and social media accounts
- Lead and manage content marketing
- Oversee online organizing and opinion-leader outreach
- Work with the Senior Director and Analytics Manager to develop metrics and targets for online development.
- Develop, in coordination with internal team leaders, and supervise execution of paid digital ad campaigns.
- Research potential audiences of activists and donors, and collaborate with program groups to develop and implement online communications strategies.
- Oversee the exploration, negotiation and completion of petitions, email exchanges and paid acquisition with other organizations
- Manage Digital Marketing team budget and vendors.
- Work closely with the Senior Director Technology Strategy to manage the redesign of the website
- Work with Director Advocacy and Mobilization to encourage and equip people to engage with the company and expand that engagement over time.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing to advise teams across the organization on best practices for digital cultivation and engagement.
- Manage third-party applications used for action, donation and event pages and emails; oversee use of this system by other Digital Marketing team members.
- Hire, supervise and manage digital staff and interns.
- Enlist the company's chapters and external organizations as content and lead-generation allies in movement-building work.
- 8+ years of experience in digital marketing, including staff management.
- 2 cycles or more of digital experience with a campaign, state party, or committee, or 2 cycles or more with a digital fundraising firm.
- 2+ years' experience at a labor union, PAC, advocacy organization, or agency that works with political/advocacy clients.
- Expert at email marketing
- Expert at social media marketing
- Expert at Online advertising: Facebook, Google AdWords, Twitter, DSPs, etc.
- Knowledge of CRM Databases and Database Management (e.g., Salesforce, Raiser's Edge)
- Experience researching and implementing emerging approaches, strategies and practices to engage people in movements online.
- Experience with budget management
- Proven aptitude for team management and multi-tasking.
Optional, but helpful: Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.