Sr BI Analyst
Provides functional and technical business knowledge to the department through execution of standardized and ad-hoc analysis and reporting. Works closely with peers to run standardized processes using data and business rules. Work with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop BI . This includes working with business and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports. This individual is accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management. Conducts analysis of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participates in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
- Confers with area/department to analyze current operational procedures and trends and identify problems.
- Research, evaluate and assess the financial impact of issues identified in data/processes.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems.
- Designs Institute-wide "views" and custom reports.
- Provides oversight and resolves complex issues, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Provides guidance and training to staff on process, procedures and issue resolution.
- May be responsible for monitoring and reporting to management on the status of departmental projects: Anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Information Technology or related field Required or equivalent work experience - additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
5+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence Analyst or similar related role Required
2+ years of experience in Healthcare Preferred
Certified Business Intelligence Professional - Practitioner Level Preferred
Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management Intermediate
Demonstrated analytical skills Advanced
Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills Intermediate
Demonstrated written communication skills Intermediate
Demonstrated problem solving skills Intermediate
Ability to work in a matrixed environment Intermediate
Ability to work as part of a team Intermediate
Microsoft Access Intermediate Required
Microsoft Excel Advanced Required
Microsoft PowerPoint Intermediate Required
SQL Server System Intermediate Required
Data Marts Intermediate Required
Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS) Intermediate Preferred
Visual Basics .Net Intermediate Preferred
Oracle Database Management System (DBMS) Intermediate Required
Other Tableau Intermediate Preferre
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.