Sr. Application/Systems Architect
Seeking a Technical Lead in the role of a Sr. Application/Systems Architect to support our federal client(s). In this role, the Architect will support Agile Application Development project and will play a critical role of designing and orchestrating the full application architecture, while working closely with cloud architect on systems/cloud-based infrastructure design, DevOps platforms and implementation plans. The Architect will understand the product requirements and will design a scalable, secure and robust application/systems architecture for this highly visible, large scale, microservices and AI/ML/Blockchain based enterprise application.
location: Silver Spring, Maryland
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Will work within a fast-paced Agile DevOps team contributing and collaborating within your scrum team on a daily basis.
- Analyze software requirements and provide solutions. Perform technical hands-on leadership role in the analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development. These activities will include communication with the user community during requirements analysis, prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Evaluate new software products and technologies and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems or build new ones.
- Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities.
- Research and explore new solutions, technologies and best practices and quickly prototype those to determine the validity of those for our environment
- 15+ years experience in application development with 5+ years experience on architecting enterprise level software applications
- Expertise on various Application Architecture frameworks (Spring/Spring MVC/SpringBoot, Backbone.js, AngularJS, ReactJS) and coding languages (Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby)
- Expertise using various architectural patterns, such as MVC, Factory, Builder, Façade
- Application security expertise and strong working knowledge of web application firewalls, OWASP, etc.
- Experience with and knowledge of contemporary software tools and techniques to build scalable and secure web application and apply them to suit the application needs
- Knowledge of techniques to modernize a monolithic application by adopting microservices and integrated platform as a service model
- Experience with using scalable integration architecture techniques to build applications that interface with multiple systems
- Experience with industry standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML
- Ability to articulate the design considerations, chosen architecture principles, tools and techniques to the customer, development team and management orally and in writing
- Ability to define the technology stack and systems design to be used for developing the chosen architecture
- Strong experience with DevOps based CI/CD technologies, Test Automation, Docker/Kubernetes Containers and various cloud based native pipelines
- Exhibit ability to validate the designs are in-line with the overall architecture and the application is build up to spec
- Exhibit leadership in guiding and instructing the development team
- Exhibit a strong sense of teamwork to maximize positive outcomes
- Exhibit ability to mentor junior architects and development team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Maintains strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Exhibit confidence and knowledge in solving complex problems
skills: Desired Technical Skills
- Frameworks and Patterns: Spring/Spring MVC/SpringBoot, Backbone.js, AngularJS, ReactJS, MVC, Factory, Builder, Façade
- Node.Js, Java and J2EE (full stack)
- Docker Enterprise/Kubernetes or AWS Fargate
- XML and JSON
- Testing frameworks Selenium, Cumber, JUnit/TestNG
- Agile methodologies
- Kafka/JMS and messaging tools
- Continuous integration tools and DevOps automation
- Automated Test-Driven Development (ATDD) tools using Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.