Trade Floor Support
Our client is looking for a high-potential individual to join its Investment Systems team. The Investment Systems Division currently has a staff of approximately 200 and develops and maintains all software applications that support the Portfolio Management, Trading, Portfolio Accounting, and Custody operations of the client.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The candidate will have primary responsibility for support of trading system applications and customers, including issue resolution, tracking and status reporting. They will monitor a high-volume Help Desk located on the trading floors to provide first-level support to users of investment and trading applications. They will work with users in trading, investments and back-office, as well as with systems professionals to investigate and solve system issues and participate in business analysis, requirements definition, and testing. This hands-on professional will be providing Level 1 production support. Level 1 support is required to be available on nights and weekends as needed and to be the on call contact on a monthly rotation.
· 5-7 years previous work experience.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, MIS, Computer Science or related field.
· Previous experience working with Investments and Investment Systems or knowledge of the trade workflow/processes.
· Demonstrated client relationship and analytical problem solving skills.
· Familiarity working with Vendors and Brokers.
skills: Desired Background:
· Previous experience/knowledge of Minerva, FIX protocol, eTrade and/or TransactTools TCM.
· Knowledge of 3 rd Party investment applications such as MarketAxess, MatLab, Eikon, and/or PrimeTrade.
· Previous use of Agile Jira - Kanban and Jira workflows.
· Familiarity with Putty, FileZilla and command prompts.
· Front Office experience a plus.
· Self-motivated and a strong team player.
· Process oriented, results oriented, customer service oriented and detail oriented.
· Solid organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
· The ability to multi-task and to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and solution-oriented environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.