Our client is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems, maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Our T&TI Software Development Engineering team is looking for a dynamic experienced Software Engineer. The candidate will be a contributing member on an Agile scrum team developing Java 8 applications on RHEL 7.x .
MUST HAVE Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Enterprise software development experience utilizing Java in Eclipse
- Adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to our positive work environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to branch/merge on large complex project using Git
skills: NICE TO HAVE skills (not required):
- OOA/D architectures and design patterns experience
- Full-stack development capability
- Android development is a plus
- Experience in developing products for military applications meeting government security or safety standards
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.