Systems Administration and Integrations Engineer (or the Applications and Systems Engineer, or similar) will provide technical leadership, collaborating across functional teams to deliver on Operations tasks and projects. This engineer will be responsible for all aspects of enterprise systems and applications deployment, administration, design, configuration and integration efforts. This engineer will lead application administration, software configuration and integration projects, establishment and maintenance of user accounts, configuration of user roles and privileges, coordinate backup and recovery activities and the installation of software and patches. She/he will design and execute system integration solutions between enterprise applications. The position designs, develops, maintains and supports the interfaces between clients software applications, services and platforms.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Maintain awareness of current technology standards and emerging trends in integration practices for batch and real-time integrations
- Gather and document integration requirements and specifications, and recommend best approach for system integration and applications management
- Monitors system configuration and user access/privileges to ensure data integrity.
- Provides customer support and training, troubleshoot problems, manage change control, and perform system maintenance.
- Applies system patches and updates as needed.
- Leads team effort to improve internal and external processes.
- Develop a service library which encompasses standard services and microservices available to internal and select external systems.
- Establish batch and real-time connectivity and integration methods as required for new integrations
- Upgrade, maintain and support new and existing integrations
- Maintain awareness of current security best practices and proactively implement security standards
- Perform data modeling, data mapping, data transformation and data standardization
- Recommend data standardization and data quality improvements
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Financial Systems, HRIS, Accounting, Customer Service, and IT as well as external service providers to execute deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in system administration and system integration, in a large-scale, complex systems environment. Experience in Deltek Costpoint, T&E, Cognos, Workday, OnBase and TM1. Lotus Notes is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining integrations in a large-scale, complex systems environment
- 5+ years performing data mapping, extraction, transformation and loading between a variety of enterprise platforms
- 5+ years of experience in SQL
- 5+ years of experience in Unix / Linux servers
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS (relational database management system)
- 3+ years' experience developing ETL and integrations on one or more of the following platforms: MuleSoft, Apigee, Boomi, Informatica, DataStage, etc.
- Experience with web services (SOAP, REST), APIs, JSON, XML, and web scripting languages (PHP, VBscript/ASP, Powershell)
- 3+ years' experience with advanced SQL (joins, views, triggers, stored procedures, indexing, statistics, and performance tuning), using SQLServer, Oracle, MySql or similar leading relational database
skills: - Background in system administration and integrating enterprise systems including Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Time and Expense, Workday, CRM, and other cloud-based platforms
- Programming experience in LotusScript is a plus.
- Experience with standard IT processes, including Agile, SDLC, DevOps, and Change Control
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and the proven ability to work effectively with numerous stakeholders and contributors, both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across both business and technical audiences
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, with an ability to mitigate risk, communicate effectively, and facilitate problem resolution
- Ability to self-manage and motivate, to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time, using sound judgment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.