The IT Data Discipline Technology Delivery Manager role provides expertise in the data discipline (e.g. data warehouse, data management, ETL, MDM, Modeling, etc) to projects and programs. This position will oversee project and program delivery and execution in key data driven IT projects to ensure all technical and delivery requirements are satisfied in alignment with current standards and architecture as well as ensuring the projects are delivering as expected, on time and on budget. Primarily responsible for providing technical and delivery guidance and structure to project teams, comprised of a combination of vendor and FTE resources, in completing their tasks, coordinating group work and ensuring appropriate communications to business and/or IT stakeholders. Will contribute as a consultant level analyst and technical resource to all programs and projects. The scope of managed programs and projects include multimillion dollar efforts which may be delivered through a collection of teams across our business and/or a team of contracted resources.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manage the oversight of data focused projects, programs or processes. Provide technical guidance and apply work methods to adapt to changing conditions consistent with our prescribed methodologies and standards.
- Drive analysis, design, technical, testing or operational specifications developed by project team. Ensure the final work product meets all standards, architectures, and aligns with business goals.
- Perform as a data discipline individual contributor and technical consultant
- Coordinate interdependencies across work teams; develop, update, and implement contingencies for multiple teams to meet changing project or service needs.
- Partner with IT resource manager on anticipated changing needs and resource assessment/performance. Replace/upskill poor performing teams, manage out poor performance of contracted resources.
- Partner closely with IT management to align resource capacity and demand requirements.
- Oversee financial management of FTE and vendor expenses associated with projects, programs, and processes. Deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Effectively manage relationships and delivery with external vendor partners.
- Identify and remove roadblocks, escalate issues through proper management channels when resource deliverables are not in alignment with expectations or contract.
- Ability to drive team efficiencies & effective partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of progressively responsible technical delivery experience in IT where the focus was data and data related technical initiatives
- Hands on experience with current data technologies including but not limited to the following: data warehousing, data management (tools/approaches), ETL, Data Modeling, MDM, database platforms
- Knowledge of emerging data technologies such as big data technologies, MDM, data lakes, etc.
- Demonstrated success in project execution involving data and information and data technologies with involvement in multiple major projects or a sustained record of success as an IT services provider.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.