- Works with Epic and other consulting staff to guide the development and execution of project team and application specific work plans at the resource and task level
- Identifies and communicates to the Project Director any issues/problems/delays that may adversely impact the project
- Coordinates with other application and Project integration managers as required to integrate work and system design, build, testing, training, and go-live to ensure activities of one team do not adversely impact activities of another team
- Manages issues identified by the Application Teams escalating non-resolved issues to the Project Director
location: Somerville, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Applies knowledge of overall project objectives to application team tasks and deliverables
- Ensures quality of deliverables assigned to the departmental/functional team
- Ensures project team decisions are made in a timely fashion
- Accountable for communication activities within and across teams
- Schedules and chairs weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, changes, and communication
- Updates weekly team status reports for each team under their supervision including progress, critical issues, and planned activities
- Actively supports the PMO with design documentation, build audits, testing plans and scripts, training curriculum and activation plan
- Ensures deliverables are approved by the appropriate Users and are completed in accordance with the plan
- Coordinate interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site
- Reviews final product for identified functionality and completeness
- Reports completion of work plans for outstanding work, issues, and risks on a weekly basis to the Project Director
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Healthcare, or related required; Clinical Degree and/or Masters preferred.
- Must have 8 years related experience, including experience with healthcare clinical systems.
- Experience must include 3 years of experience managing projects.
- Must have experience in developing and integrating business processes.
- Must have prior management and relationship management experience.
- Experience with implementing Epic modules preferred.
- Understands the technology capability as it relates to the business requirements.
- Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to formulate and execute strategy.
- Ability to work and manage effectively in a matrixed reporting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
- Ability to build relationships with customers.
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.