The Enterprise Data Roadmap Architect is accountable for all aspects of the development and implementation of the data strategy implementation groups of projects (programs); providing a single point of contact for the program's business and IT sponsors and stakeholders to manage the initiation, planning, implementation and closure of the multi-project, long term program. The role will proactively and holistically lead and/or support design/architecture activities that create data focused deliverables that strategically guide business models, people, process, organizational change, and technology investments in response to disruptive forces and toward achieving targeted business outcomes. The role focuses on technology strategy and targeted outcomes - clarifying strategic intentions; identifying outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder questions.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create deliverables that illustrate how to strategically move the Enterprise Data strategy implementation forward.
- Provides a single point of contact for the program's business and IT sponsors
- Responsible for multiple projects under one overall Program and implementation of the project lifecycle for the overall program
- Responsible for managing the initiation, planning, implementation and closure of the projects
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture and key organizational stakeholders to define a strategic plan for leveraging integrated business architecture as part of the enterprise architecture.
- Consult on business-facing programs and large projects, and maintain knowledge of their progress.
- Collaborate with the enterprise program management office on reporting program and large project status, issues, risks and benefits.
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities. Consult with technical subject matter experts, and develop alternative technical solutions. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience.
- 20 years of progressive experience as data architect with current and emerging data technologies and approaches.
- 10-15 years of experience as a Data modeler
- 5 years of experience in Data warehousing
- 15+ years of business or IT experience with a direct responsibility for strategy formulation and/or translation, business analytics, and program management, application development , middleware, database management or operations.
- Demonstrated success in project execution involving data and information and data technologies with involvement in multiple large, major projects or a sustained record of success as an IT services provider.
- Expert level experience in one or more of the following areas: strategic planning, leadership, business relationship management and business process management.
- Expert level knowledge of existing, new and emerging technologies and being able to apply them to new business designs and business models.
- Expert level in-depth experience with business transformation and process redesign methods.
- Expert level knowledge of facilitation and organization change management.
- Expert level analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of programs and projects.
- Expert level experience leading multi-disciplined, high-performance work teams.
- Expert level skills in leading program management efforts involving the coordination of resources and goals across multiple related projects.
- Expert level experience developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Expert level knowledge of finance, accounting, valuation and metrics development.
- Expert level statistical and information analysis skills (a plus).
- Expert level ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Expert level ability to establish and maintain a high-level of business partner trust and confidence.
- Expert level ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems that involve remote and elusive symptoms, often spanning multiple environments in a business area.
- Expert level knowledge of physical/cloud database design
- Expert level knowledge of Big Data and technologies.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Expert level knowledge of the way DBs enforce data integrity.
- Sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.