job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
This department is responsible for maintaining and supporting internal PaaS solution, as well as maintaining and supporting shared dev and test environments for engineering teams. Project Description:
In this position you will be a critical member of environments and PaaS team which is primarily responsible for automating application infrastructure provisioning and application deployments. This team also maintains, supports, and enhances an internal PaaS tool written in Groovy.
You will be expected to write highly maintainable code and enhance an application which will enable application teams to create & configure application platforms and deploy the application.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $34 - 74 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: What would a normal day for this position look like??
- 50% of the time writing and reviewing code
- 50% of the time supporting users and resolving issues
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills and technologies that you are looking for in a candidate? Required Experience At least five years of relevant systems software engineering experience, including:
- Java development
- Experience deploying Java applications in public and private cloud environments
- Infrastructure automation experience, such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Groovy/Grails development experience
- Linux systems administration experience, including experience running Java applications on Tomcat
- Kafka or RabbitMQ
- NoSQL database experience, preferably Cassandra or Riak
- Unit Testing and Mocking OOP and SOA design
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web-oriented architectures
skills: Skills Overview: What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Strong communication skills and focus on user/customer support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.