The Software Engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation. The organization's Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% Java EE platform supplemented with extensive frameworks. The Software Engineer must be capable of producing high quality code, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, business analysts, and may include some client interactions
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $61 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing
- Communicate effectively within an interdisciplinary team, and with other teams
- Maintain and enhance application APIs used by other developers, understanding the impact of changes on existing code
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
- Configure and enhance a rapidly deployable cloud or VM hosted solution for smaller banks
- Assist in the migration of customer data stored in the database between application versions
- 5+ years real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS), and Structured Framework experience (Struts)
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as JAXP, JAXB, and XPath
- Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- General knowledge of SQL
- Experience with multidimensional databases and the MDX query language.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have exceptional writing and communication skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally.
- Experience with build technologies such as Maven, Ant or Gradle
- Experience deploying software applications to the cloud a plus
- Experience with Unix or Linux shell scripting languages a plus
- Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.