Service Desk Technician
Summary: Under limited supervision, provides a deep understanding of technical products and services along with the strong capability to translate complex information to a simplified, professional content that is easily understood by the target audience. Position will require working closely with various departments to gather project requirements from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation. Awareness and implementation of industry best practices will be continual part of the role responsibilities including development/maintenance of centralized documentation management.
Shift: M-F 5am- 1:30pm
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide ITSD (Level 1 and 2) and deskside support (Level 2) to all internal users.
- Single point of user resolution for all desktop technology devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, printing, wireless networking, audio/visual equipment, etc.
- Maintain and provision desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, printers, projectors, audio/visual equipment, and other office equipment, as required.
- Use ServiceNow incident logging system to maintain incidents and requests through the complete ticket life cycle.
- Use ServiceNow logging system to maintain projects and time reporting.
- Document, track, and troubleshoot incidents to agreed service standards and service levels.
- Perform trouble call resolution, diagnosis of complex problems, advanced problem resolution, user support follow-up, and Technician interaction with other IT employees, co-workers, and outside vendors.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, administrative, and user guides.
- Conduct end-user orientation and training for new hires.
- Provision and administer user accounts, distribution groups, and security groups in Active Directory.
- Rotate shifts/work alternative shifts when needed in order to support 24x7 production environment.
- Escalate to operations, solutions, infrastructure engineering, or appropriate resolver team when assistance is needed.
- Provide AV support - support conference rooms, town halls (multi location large audience simultaneous conferencing), and video conferencing.
- Process equipment and software requests and record asset information.
- Hardware/ software lifecycle management.
- Provide white glove (VIP) and executive support.
- Perform request fulfillment of moves & staff equipment changes at each location.
- Assist with regression testing of supported software through OS Patches and Upgrades.
- Push and install workstation and third party patches.
- Provide Windows OS, Mac OS, and Mobile OS support.
Skills & Experience:
- Education: BS/BA degree preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: CompTIA A+ certified, ITSDI certified.
- 3+ years' experience in an IT related support position with in-depth knowledge of PC and Mac platforms and the diagnosis and resolution of software, hardware, and networking issues.
skills: - Working knowledge and experience with most of the following:
1. MDT 2013
5. Capturing and deploying images using DSIM
6. Creating and editing Task Sequences
7. Windows customization
8. Software packaging.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows OS, Office Suites, Exchange/Outlook, and Active Directory.
- Familiarities with PC support tools and software distribution tools.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline driven media production environment.
- Self-starter, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to lift and install PCs, printers, etc. (up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to maintain flexible work schedule to provide IT support for weekends.
- Experience using incident management (ServiceNow) and knowledge base systems.
- Experience supporting AV equipment is highly desirable.
- Experience providing asset management support.
- Experience using remote diagnostic tools for problem identification and resolution.
- Travel may be required.
- For Imaging support: familiarity with sysprep, slipstreaming, and imaging formats (.wim or .iso/.bin for older images).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.