The Systems Engineer (SE) works with the business and the Technical management team to understand their needs and leverages his or her technical acumen and systems analysis skills to examine these needs as they relate to information technology and infrastructure. The SE will then design and implement these requirements as defined by business processes and technical standards and capabilities, keeping in line with industry best practices.
location: Chelsea, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The SE takes on complex, high-profile initiatives involving multiple, integrated systems across multiple domains. Because this requires blending of the various perspectives of multiple stakeholders across multiple departments, the understanding of enterprise applications, tools and environments is essential. This includes, and is not limited to; the planning, scoping, designing, executing and supporting of these inter-related initiatives as well as helping business stakeholders and technical management teams make informed decisions about which initiatives to tackle and how to tackle them.
qualifications: General Statement of Duties
- Works with the direction of the ETS Manager at the all levels during most phases of the eDiscovery/O365 program while considering the business implications of the application and technology to the customer's current and future environment.
- Working with the ETS Manager, help drive the technical execution and provide automation improvements to maintain customer and partner satisfaction during the deployment and operations phase.
- Manage and administer all aspects of the eDiscovery environment utilizing tools such as Active Directory, Azure, Exchange Admin Console, Security & Compliance Center and other administrative tools.
- With direction from the ETS Manager, work closely along with technical management team, stakeholders and O365 migration teams to execute technical requirements for the native eDiscovery tools and environments.
- Working closely with the ETS Manager, BA and in some cases the customer to understand the business processes for Public Records Requests, internal investigations and subpoenas in relation to eDiscovery among the targeted user community.
- Execute a planned approach to QA including planning, tracking and defect analysis and ensure that all approved scenarios have been fully accounted for.
- Work closely with ETS Manager to assist EOTSS management, vendors and stakeholders to manage the centralized model of records extraction.
- Working closely with the ETS Manager, engage the change management process, including organizational tools and techniques, to ensure that impactful changes and processes are properly communicated and approved prior to implementation.
- Resolve complex issues, communicating problem resolution and additional information to management, customer groups, project teams and other IT support groups
- With direction from the ETS Manager, work with EOTSS teams, agency teams, and vendors to ensure that legal business requirements are translated into technical details that are then implemented.
- Act as customer/business advocate and proactively involve respective stakeholders when new issues arise, and that both readily apparent and potentially hidden legal business customer concerns are addressed.
- Lead technician working closely with the ETS Manager, to ensure that all tasks and deliverables are completed that arise from business advocacy activities and customer expectations
- Working closely with the ETS Manager, ensure that technical standards and policies meet the needs of both the Legal customers' and EOTSS.
- Act as technical liaison regarding training needs and support with targeted customer groups and technical teams including vendors to assist with training curriculums and schedules
- Leverage his or her technical acumen and senior systems analysis skills to reexamine eDiscovery needs and processes to identify opportunities to further increase efficiencies.
skills: Specific duties
- Manage and administer Barracuda servers to ensure PST migration process continues uninterrupted. This includes scheduling and executing application patches and updates, configuration changes and any other core server administration.
- Administer Barracuda application to ensure PST assignments and migrations are properly executed, initiate reports and maintain application configuration,
- Execute, with the direction from the ETS Manager, the migration from the MassVault system (EMC/Dell SourceOne application) to Office 365 ensuring that all data has been acceptably completed.
- Assist, with the direction from the ETS Manager, in the decommissioning of the MassVault system to ensure there is a smooth transition.
- Assist and support the deployment of the Barracuda application for agencies that require PST data be migrated for eDiscovery purposes.
- Support Barracuda & MassVault application by working with EOTSS, customers and vendors when required.
Top 3 Technical Requirements:
- Experience working with advanced eDiscovery tools such as Security & Compliance Center for Office 365, Exchange 2013 eDiscovery component, SharePoint 2013 eDiscovery component
- Working knowledge of Barracuda PST Enterprise Server is a plus
- Working knowledge of EMC/Dell SourceOne is a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS solutions and architecture a plus
- Working knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) is a plus
- Understanding or experience with well-accepted project management methodology
- Meeting deadlines and SLAs while performing activities in a time critical, highly confidential process
- Operating and learning highly technical software
- Interacting and communicating with legal department staff and other requesters of electronically-stored information
- Interacting with other IT groups such as messaging, networking teams, and desktop support
- Interacting with outside counsel and eDiscovery vendors
- Experience describing, summarizing, and documenting technical processes
- Holding work processes and activities confidential
- Working both independently and in a team environment
- Managing multiple tasks
- Changing priorities and being flexible
- Strong analytical and verbal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving ability
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Working knowledge of regular expressions (regex) is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of verifiable IT security, operations, and administration experience
- Minimum of 1 year of verifiable hands-on eDiscovery experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.