Hadoop System Administrator
The Hadoop Sys Admin position leads medium to large sized projects related to the Business Intelligence environment.
Projects can range from reviewing new technologies, to evaluating/selecting tools and providing input to other team members on how to set up these technologies and tools.
location: Hilliard, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
The Sys Admin partners directly with the business and application teams to assess new business intelligence requirements and determining how best to apply emerging technologies to meet those needs.
The Sys Admin works directly with application teams to understand the requirements of the various end user requirements. Functions include gathering requirements, ordering hardware, coordinating installation, building server, applying firmware/patches and being part of a team that provides 24 x 7 on-call support.
- 5-6 years RHEL 6 and 7 administration experience
- Hadoop environment experience
- HP Proliant hardware experience
- Strong knowledge of system design and hardware at an enterprise level
- Excellent technical/analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making and leadership abilities
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stacki experience or experience with similar cluster deployment/mgmt. software (ie. Cobbler)
- Familiar with Unix shell and Perl scripting
- Strong knowledge of project management concepts
- Subject matter expertise and strong business knowledge
- RHCSA/RHCE Certified (Preferred)
REQUIRED SHIFT: Normal 8-5, some occasional night work, be part of on-call rotation
skills: Hadoop System Administrator
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.